Posted to users@taverna.apache.org by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> on 2016/11/10 11:07:26 UTC

Re: Question regarding saving

On 10/11/2016 10:45, N.M.Palmblad@lumc.nl wrote:
> Dear Taverna team,

Hello

> I have a workflow that produces results as lists. Rather than writing
> them to a file, I would just like to save them from the results
> panel. However, the lists contain more than 32,000 elements, so
> Taverna (Core 2.5.0) cannot produce an Excel file. Saving the
> "provenance bundle" either fails or takes extremely long. The only
> option is then to save the results as XML.

This saves them in a format called Baclava. There is a tool called the
DataViewer Tool that can be downloaded from
http://www.taverna.org.uk/download/associated-tools/dataviewer-tool/ . I
think that tool has not been updated recently, but it should still work.

> This works fine, except I then get the data that looks like ASCII
> coded binary:
>
> <b:dataElement lsid="" index="40584">
> <b:dataElementData>MTk3Mgk1Ny42OTcJMTEuOTg2</b:dataElementData>
> </b:dataElement>
>
> What is the easiest way to decode these strings? This particular
> string should contain "1889	None	None".

Those strings are Base64 encoded. I think it actually says:

1972	57.697	11.986

> Magnus Palmblad

Alan