Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@nitwit.de on 2004/08/29 12:30:47 UTC

struts-el doesn't accept expressions

Hello everybody,

struts-el TLDs are somewhat strange, they set rtexprvalue to false and hence
this is what happens when I put an EL expr in an struts-el tag:

"According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute action does
not accept any expressions"

Well, where is that hidden secret switch to make it work?

What I do so far:

1) struts-el.jar to classpath
2) struts-el TLDs to WEB-INF
3) use tags, i.e.:

 <c:set var="action" value="/search.do" />

Re: struts-el doesn't accept expressions

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
You have to
1. put strut-el in your WEB-INF/lib
2. set your webapp to use servlet 2.3 API using the web.xml DOCTYPE
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
    "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
3. use taglib directives in your JSP
    <%@ taglib uri=http://struts.apache.org/tag-html-el prefix="html" %>

You don't need to
- declare taglibs in your web.xml if you use the taglib URI

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format: "recipient@capgemini.com".

Re: struts-el doesn't accept expressions

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.