Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Filix Suo <sy...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 09:17:09 UTC

how to get date in workflow.xml?

Hi all,

I want to create output file according to date(in fact,  yesterday)

workflow.xml

<property>
    <name>mapred.output.dir</name>
    <value>x/y/z/${year}-${month}-${day}</value>
</property>

but can’t find a EL function can do this.

anyone help?

Re: how to get date in workflow.xml?

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi, you can get the date by coordinator with :

${coord:formatTime(coord:dateOffset(coord:nominalTime(), -1,
'DAY'),'yyyy-MM-dd')}</value>
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17405867/accessing-date-directly-in-workflow-xml-in-case-of-oozie-workflow-jobs)

and then pass it to the workflow.

You can also get the current timestamp in a workflow ${wf:timestamp()}
and change it to a yyyy-MM-dd format

--
Laurent HATIER - Consultant Big Data & Business Intelligence chez CapGemini
fr.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-hatier/25/36b/a86/