Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bi, hongyu—mike <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/04 08:29:29 UTC

HBase MOB performance

Hi all,

we store serialised hyperloglog object into hbase by use of coprocessor,
and the size distribution is below:
   Row size (bytes):
               min = 4279.00
               max = 770757.00
              mean = 67340.24
            stddev = 153968.88
            median = 14453.00
              75% <= 63178.00
              95% <= 336917.20
              98% <= 761028.00
              99% <= 767500.36
            99.9% <= 770757.00
             count = 827

the this value will be update 400 times every minute but the regionserver
where this table locate responsed slowly for other table's get request.

In my option, write mob/blob should not bother the performance of reading
other table's region in the same regionserver, only put pressure to hlog
fsync,flush and compaction; right?

thanks

ps:
hdfs blocksize=128MB
memstore size=128MB
max hlog=64
low/high water: 0.35/0.4
memstore percent:0.4

heap size=32GB

Re: HBase MOB performance

Posted by Andrey Stepachev <oc...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I'd start with jstack and moving to something like yjp/jmc later.

--
Andrey.

Re: HBase MOB performance

Posted by Bi, hongyu—mike <bo...@gmail.com>.