Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de> on 2006/07/20 17:22:51 UTC

[CForms] Union-Widget loosing data

Hi,

I am currently working on a strange problem. The problem occurs after
porting an existing application from 2.1.7 to 2.1.9.

The application contains a form with a union-widget. When initially
displaying the form the fields contain the correct information.

When switching to the second union-page, the fields are empty. When
switching back they are empty too. The strange thing is that if I for
example add 5 Rows to a repeater and switch back, the repeater contains 5
rows but all are empty. Is there something to keep in mind? Has anything
changed?

Regards,

     Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

AW: [CForms] Union-Widget loosing data

Posted by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de>.
Ok … second reply to myself :-(

While looking through the other samples while waiting for some help I
stumbled over a sample, that had nothing to do with my original problem, but
I found a solution there.

In the locales Example there the functionality I am looking for works fine.
When having a look at the form definition and binding It seems the entire
form is defined without view definition.

In the template a lot of fi-elements are added. In general after replacing:

<ft:union id="view">

      <ft:case id="contact">

            <ft:group id="contact">

                        …

            </ft:group>

      </ft:case>

      <ft:case id="details">

            <ft:group id="details">

                        …

            </ft:group>

      </ft:case>

</ft:union>

With:

<fi:group>

      <fi:styling type="tabs"/>

      <fi:state>

            <ft:widget id="viewType"/>

      </fi:state>

      <fi:items>

            <fi:group>

                  <fi:label>contact</fi:label>

                  <fi:styling layout="columns"/>

                  <fi:items>

                  …

                  </fi:items>

            </fi:group>

            <fi:group>

                  <fi:label>details</fi:label>

                  <fi:styling layout="columns"/>

                  <fi:items>

                                   …

                  </fi:items>

            </fi:group>

      </fi:items>

</fi:group>

Got everything working, but I would like to understand why this is the way
it is. Using code, I don’t understand sort of disturbs me a little.

My first thought was to look at the actual output of a union-widget but the
jx-generator generates code that is no where near similar to this, so where
can I get more information on this?

Regards,

     Chris

  _____