Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Andrew Wu <aw...@innometrics.com> on 2015/06/22 11:22:19 UTC

Use storm DRPC in production

Hi guys

I’m trying to prototype a system on storm to support our api using drpc.
I have some questions regarding running that on production.

  *   LinearDRPCTopologyBuilder is already deprecated, is it safe to copy it out and continue to use it? I’m bit concerned about this comment in Trident.

//TODO: add a method for drpc stream, needs to know how to automatically do returnresults, etc
// is it too expensive to do a batch per drpc request?

  *   Where to place those drpc settings nimbus/supervisor? and can I place drpc servers behind load balancer? if not, how should I scale drpc cluster(we are running the cluster on amazon)

Thanks!!

Andrew Ge Wu
Backend Developer & Integration Tech Lead
Mobile: +46 76 88 99 970
Website: www.innometrics.com<http://www.innometrics.com/>

[cid:A29501B8-EA20-463B-A4A4-203BB3DA4788]