Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by bichonfrise74 <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 02:01:11 UTC

Making Changes to mapred-site.xml

If I change the values in mapred-site.xml, do I need to restart the whole
hadoop cluster to see the effect?

Thanks.

Re: Making Changes to mapred-site.xml

Posted by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com>.
Hi,
  I have seen that restarting the mapreduce daemons is enough in that case
(stop-mapred and start-mapred). In fact, if you change just the properties
relevant only to tasktracker, you just need to restart the tasktracker on
each node or that specific node where you want the change to take effect.
(e.g map.tasks.maximum etc.)

hari