Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2009/04/08 12:15:03 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release of the dependency manager 2.0.1

Summarizing the votes:

  +1 Richard S. Hall, Felix Meschberger, Pierre de Rop (non binding),
Karl Pauls, Arjun Panday (non binding), Stuart McCulloch, Carsten
Ziegeler, Clement Escoffier
  no 0 or -1 votes.

That means the release passes. I will proceed to upload the artifacts
asap.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release of the dependency manager 2.0.1

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Stuart,

On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:54 , Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> But sometimes people just do a simple copy of their staged artifacts
> to the
> relevant directory under m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository.

Ok, found that directory!

> I can sort this out for the dependencymanager early next week if you
> like.

Deployed the artifacts, so it should work now. Thanks for your help.

> The "new" way, which we'll be using now we've agreed to switch over
> to Nexus
> will be much, much simpler - I'm currently
> writing down the new Felix release process (it's very similar to
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html)

Ok. Simpler is better here!

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/17 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>

> On Apr 16, 2009, at 10:55 , Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>
>  2009/4/8 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>
>>
>>  Summarizing the votes:
>>>
>>> +1 Richard S. Hall, Felix Meschberger, Pierre de Rop (non binding), Karl
>>> Pauls, Arjun Panday (non binding), Stuart McCulloch, Carsten Ziegeler,
>>> Clement Escoffier
>>> no 0 or -1 votes.
>>>
>>> That means the release passes. I will proceed to upload the artifacts
>>> asap.
>>>

>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> did you copy the Maven artifacts to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository? I can't
>> see
>> them on the Maven central repository...
>>

> No I did not, because I have no idea how to do this. The release page does
> not explain that. Could you (or someone else) explain how that works?

Yes, the "old" way of releasing these artifacts to Maven was to use the
deploy-file goal from the maven-deploy-plugin, like so:

  mvn deploy:deploy-file -Durl=file:/www/
people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
      -DrepositoryId=apache.releases -Dfile=<jar> -DpomFile=<pom>
      -Dclassifier=<sources|javadoc>  # when deploying sources/javadoc

on the same machine as you do the normal release (using deploy-file means
the Maven metadata files get updated properly).
But sometimes people just do a simple copy of their staged artifacts to the
relevant directory under m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository.

I can sort this out for the dependencymanager early next week if you like.

The "new" way, which we'll be using now we've agreed to switch over to Nexus
will be much, much simpler - I'm currently
writing down the new Felix release process (it's very similar to
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html)

I only put the release in the official location. By the way, why doesn't a
> maven repository sync automatically with the main apache server?

Not exactly sure - but the apache distribution directory is flattened, so
it's not trivial (you'd need to search for poms and then
use them to find the groupId, artifactId, classifiers, etc.) - also I think
people prefer to be in control over what gets published
to the Maven repository and what doesn't...

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release of the dependency manager 2.0.1

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Apr 16, 2009, at 10:55 , Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> 2009/4/8 Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>
>
>> Summarizing the votes:
>>
>> +1 Richard S. Hall, Felix Meschberger, Pierre de Rop (non binding),
>> Karl
>> Pauls, Arjun Panday (non binding), Stuart McCulloch, Carsten
>> Ziegeler,
>> Clement Escoffier
>> no 0 or -1 votes.
>>
>> That means the release passes. I will proceed to upload the
>> artifacts asap.
>>

> Hi Marcel,
>
> did you copy the Maven artifacts to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository? I
> can't see
> them on the Maven central repository...

No I did not, because I have no idea how to do this. The release page
does not explain that. Could you (or someone else) explain how that
works? I only put the release in the official location. By the way,

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.