Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sean Leach <sl...@netlojix.com> on 2003/01/20 17:15:35 UTC

Bug/Wierdness in reading config file after class update

Environment: Resin 2.1.5 on Linux w/ JDK 1.4 w/ Axis 1.0

I am experiencing a wierdness when I recompile a class file that is being
published as aa web service (it actually happens on any reload, i.e. if I
modify the web.xml file and the webapp is reloaded)

Everything is working fine, i.e. I can see the service in the Axis Admin,
and I can call the methods no problems via a test client.  But if I
recompile a file, or modify the web.xml file etc., then I get the following
error whenever I try and request any Axis service (admin, list deployments,
call method on my class):

500 Servlet Exception
org.apache.axis.InternalException: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException: java.lang.Exception: Invalid
WSDD element 'deployment' (wanted 'deployment')
java.lang.Exception: Invalid WSDD element 'deployment' (wanted 'deployment')
	at
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException.<init>(ConfigurationException.java:89
)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException.<init>(WSDDException.java:72)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDElement.validateCandidateElement(WSDDEle
ment.java:117)
	at org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDElement.<init>(WSDDElement.java:97)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.<init>(WSDDDeployment.java:21
9)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java:107)
	at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java
:210)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:188)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:173)
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.<init>(AxisServer.java:127)
	at
org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.createServer(DefaultAxisServ
erFactory.java:152)
	at
org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.getServer(DefaultAxisServerF
actory.java:116)
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.getServer(AxisServer.java:112)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngine(AxisServletBase.jav
a:221)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngine(AxisServletBase.jav
a:187)
	at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:218)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:
335)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:9
6)
	at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:312)
	at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
	at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:221)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:163)
	at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:137)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

If I delete the WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd, and re-deploy my application, it
works fine (until I do one of the items above, then I have to start over).
As you can see, this slows development quite a bit :)  I don't ever touch
the server-config.wsdd, and it looks like valid XML...

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Bug/Wierdness in reading config file after class update

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Sounds like a problem with namespaces (e.g. the default namespace vs. no
namespace).

Posted by Sean Leach <sl...@netlojix.com>.
I found the problem, the server-config.wsdd gets generated with the
following:

<deployment xmlns:="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
xmlns:="http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"

Notice the two namespace decs?  Those cause the traceback, being an Axis
(and SOAP for that matter) novice, where does that come from?  The deploy
descriptor?

Thanks,
Sean

Posted by Benjamin Tomasini <bt...@neteverything.com>.