Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by SenthilKumar K <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/07 09:18:53 UTC

Kafka Partition Leader -1

Hello Experts ,  We are observing issues in Partition(s) when the Kafka
broker is down & the Partition Leader Broker ID set to -1.

Kafka Version 2.2.0
Total No Of Brokers: 24
Total No Of Partitions: 48
Replication Factor: 2
Min In sync Replicas: 1

Partition                                             Leader
 Replicas           In Sync Replicas
See above the Partition 41 leader set to -1 ,  the replicas exist in 18,24.
The broker id 24 went down for due to Too many open files.

Q: Why is it not electing the broker 18 as a leader for Partition 41?

Had a similar problem in Past, after fixing the broker the partition shows
correct leader.

Kafka Properties:

default.replication.factor = 2

unclean.leader.election.enable = true

min.insync.replicas = 1

num.partitions = 48

Zookeeper Active Broker ID's:

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1] ls /kafka.test/brokers/ids

[1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 9]

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 2]

Restarting ZK also didn't help.

Pls advise! How to fix this? Why is this happening?

Re: Kafka Partition Leader -1

Posted by SenthilKumar K <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Keeping Broker iD 0 has caused some problems for me in the past ==>  Our
brokers start with id 1.  Refer the attached image.

you mentioned you “Fixed the broker” in the past. What exactly did you fix?
- broker restart helped.

Re: Kafka Partition Leader -1

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,