Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Alexander Mueller <al...@littleblue.de> on 2001/07/24 08:27:04 UTC

Space

To the other developpers:
I would like to have a place on a server where I can store drafts of the source
and maybe docs and design sketches. How to do this?

Of course I can post my stuff to someone on the list to review and publish it.
Who will the one be?

Or shall I even create a new project called jsvn on Tigris on Sourceforge.
Would not be that bad. Maybe the java/subversion should even be named different.
So it could provide a version control library that would support not just svn but cvs or
whatever too. Of course if done this way there had to be even some more thoughts
about design and generalization...

What do you people think?

Alex

Re: Space

Posted by Alexander Mueller <al...@littleblue.de>.

cmpilato@collab.net schrieb:

> Alexander Mueller <al...@littleblue.de> writes:
>
> > To the other developpers: I would like to have a place on a server
> > where I can store drafts of the source and maybe docs and design
> > sketches. How to do this?
> >
> > Of course I can post my stuff to someone on the list to review and
> > publish it.  Who will the one be?
>
> There is no 'one', really.  Post the stuff to this (dev) list, and
> someone will claim it.  In fact, I think I said I'd offer to claim it
> so long as SVN-critical tasks don't bar me from doing so.  And if I
> claim it, you can bet Karl Fogel and Ben Collins-Sussman are
> unofficially claiming it, too (since they each sit fewer than 10 feet
> from me on a daily basis).  Ding!  3 peer reviewers for the price
> of...none!

Ok. Will collect some stuff later this day and just post it to the list...

> > Or shall I even create a new project called jsvn on Tigris on
> > Sourceforge.  Would not be that bad. Maybe the java/subversion
> > should even be named different.  So it could provide a version
> > control library that would support not just svn but cvs or whatever
> > too. Of course if done this way there had to be even some more
> > thoughts about design and generalization...
>
> Well, I don't suppose we can say much about that. :-)  If you're
> planning to support multiple version control systems, then "jsvn"
> might not be the most accurate name, but whatever.

Guess jsvn is ok right now. I dont want to cover all of it. I think for
a 1.0 version (or 0.1) having "just" svn included would be quite fine, right?

> Hm.  I guess my feelings are that if you want total control over
> whatever repository you store your work in, go create a new
> SourceForge project.  However, if you're willing to temporarily
> relinquish a bit of that control in exchange for having all the
> followers of this list as peer reviewers, you should consider the
> patch-submission process here.
>
> Having grown to trust the technical skills of many of my companions on
> this list more so than my own unreviewed ideas, I personally would
> stick with this community.

Guess I will stick with this community. Maybe later it will make sense
to split the project to build a more generalized version. But before this
there is still a lot to do!

Later more...

Alex

Re: Space