Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marshall Dudley <md...@execonn.com> on 2000/04/06 20:03:36 UTC

confusion between scripts

We have had banners servers running on 2 different boxes for years under
mod_perl without any problems.  Recently we moved two banner servers
onto the same box, each under a different virtual domain.

Now I cannot get them to run reliably.  It appears that since the
banners in each are run as /cgi-bin/banner.pl, mod_perl is getting them
mixed up, and we end up having the script fail with errors like that all
kinds of things have been redefined, when they have not.

I have tried everything I can think of to stop this from happening.  I
have even renamed the banner.pl for one of the domains to ads.pl and am
using a ScriptAlias to call the correct.  But even though the filename
is now ads.pl, mod_perl compiled script still show it as being compiled
as banner.pl and still confuses the two script.

How can I fix this problem?  What seems strange is that the compiled
scripts (see below) indicate that both of these have been compiled
separately, but even so they apparently still run the wrong script.

Thanks,

Marshall

Embedded Perl version 5.00503 for Apache/1.3.11 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
process 20384,
running since Thu Apr 6 10:35:15 2000

Click on package name to see its symbol table

Apache::ROOT::cgi_2dbin::banner_2epl
Apache::ROOTwww_2eexeconn_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::banner_2epl
Apache::ROOTwww_2egreat_2dlinks_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::banner_2epl

Re: confusion between scripts

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Marshall Dudley wrote:

> We have had banners servers running on 2 different boxes for years under
> mod_perl without any problems.  Recently we moved two banner servers
> onto the same box, each under a different virtual domain.
>
> Now I cannot get them to run reliably.  It appears that since the
> banners in each are run as /cgi-bin/banner.pl, mod_perl is getting them
> mixed up, and we end up having the script fail with errors like that all
> kinds of things have been redefined, when they have not.

did you preload Apache::Registry in httpd.conf:

PerlModule Apache::Registry

?
that is reported to cure this problem.  the cvs version of mod_perl has a
fix so virtualhosts will not confuse Apache::Registry if it isn't
pre-loaded.

Re: confusion between scripts

Posted by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org>.
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> > mod_perl guide is your friend:
> > http://perl.apache.org/guide/rel/config.html#A_Script_From_One_Virtual_Host_C

Oops, sorry.  I've used the URL one from my local machine. This is the
right one:
http://perl.apache.org/guide/config.html#A_Script_From_One_Virtual_Host_C

> Apparently not.
> --------------------------
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /guide/rel/config.html was not found on this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.9 Server at perl.apache.org Port 80
>
> Marshall

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide http://perl.apache.org/guide/
mailto:stas@stason.org  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org

Re: confusion between scripts