Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2017/04/03 17:26:07 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.3-beta candidate 1

Hi all,

This is the second release candidate (RC1) of 3.5.3-beta, following the
first release candidate (RC0) cut off last week [1]. It fixes incorrect
Implementation-Version information contained in the manifest file of the
generated artifacts. There is no code changes, just regenerated and
resigned artifacts.

The full release notes are available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
projectId=12310801&version=12335444

**** Please download, test and vote by April 8th 2017, 23:59 UTC+0. ****

Source files:
https://home.apache.org/~hanm/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.5.3-beta-rc1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/
apache/zookeeper/zookeeper/3.5.3-beta/

The tag to be voted upon:
*https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.5.3-rc1
<https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.5.3-rc1>*

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Should we release this candidate?

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-dev/201703.mbox/%3CCA%2Bi0x1LTONuaT6H%2BiOHAT2O1SVPKnQzzQh8vKMzWJVijCrHUrw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

--
Cheers
Michael.

Re: Can't verify signature of RC (Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.3-beta candidate 1)

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Yeah, this one worked, thanks.

-Flavio

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Another idea is to try explicit request the key see if it works

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 767E7473

If it still can't connect to the keys server, then maybe a network issue?

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Works for me:

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Did you import the KEYS?

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Michael,

Re: Extending the vote (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.3-beta candidate 1)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I've been on vacation - spent some time reviewing the release candidate
today and voting. Keep in mind that the date for a release vote is the
_minimum_ time, not the max. The intent is to allow everyone to participate.

Patrick

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Arshad for your vote!

Friendly reminder, the vote will expire in two days. I am expecting to see
more votes coming from you guys that's on this mailing list. Anyone? We
value any inputs on helping making the release happen.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Mohammad Arshad <arshad.mohammad.k@gmail.com

--
Cheers
Michael.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.3-beta candidate 1

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Michael, for your efforts to get this release out.

+1

- built zookeeper jar from source with jdk1.8.0_45
- ran zk unit test suite, all passed
- tested with a couple of different ensemble sizes, exec basic cli
commands, jmx beans
- verified sig/xsum
- checked release notes

Rakesh

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Mohammad Arshad <

Posted by Mohammad Arshad <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks everyone that participates the verification of this release! Your
help is greatly appreciated.

Given 3 binding votes from PMC members and no objections, I've published
release artifacts and documents and announced this release on dev/user list
just now.

--
Cheers
Michael.

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.3-beta candidate 1

Posted by "Kandhare, Arvind" <Ar...@dell.com>.
+1

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.

Posted by sandeep shrids <sa...@gmail.com>.