Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeremy Davis <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 22:52:48 UTC

How do I know when "nodetool snapshot" has completed?

Since "nodetool snapshot" returns immediately, how do I know when the
snapshot process has completed. When is it safe to start copying/taring the
files to back them up elsewhere?

Re: How do I know when "nodetool snapshot" has completed?

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It's a mix in 0.6 unfortunately.  For 0.7 all have been converted to blocking.

Posted by Jeremy Davis <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.