Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anil Gaur <an...@live.com> on 2017/06/12 07:47:58 UTC

How to handle/capture batch Jobs using Jmeter

Hi..

I want to test batch processing in my application using Jmeter.

Below are the Inputs:-

1) Batch jobs are ruining on back end and submitting the data to DB.

2) Every 30 min batch Jobs are executed.

3) Executed in Non UI mode.

I want to do the performance for these batch jobs using Jmeter.

Please let me know how its possible and if any reference document which can help me there.

Thanks

Anil Gaur

Re: How to handle/capture batch Jobs using Jmeter

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@gmail.com>.
if you have access to the server running the processes,
you could look at the OS process sampler to check the execution times

And additionally a Database sampler, to validate that the correct values
are submitted.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 June 2017 at 08:47, Anil Gaur <an...@live.com> wrote:
> Hi..
>

> I want to test batch processing in my application using Jmeter.
>

> Below are the Inputs:-
>
> 1) Batch jobs are ruining on back end and submitting the data to DB.
>
> 2) Every 30 min batch Jobs are executed.
>
> 3) Executed in Non UI mode.
>

> I want to do the performance for these batch jobs using Jmeter.

It is possible to set up JMeter to run a batch script using the

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#OS_Process_Sampler

However the only useful output will be the elapsed time.

It will be a lot easier to use some other tool for measuring the batch
performance.