Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu> on 2017/10/20 05:35:57 UTC

Re: Temp Store is Full - False Positive?

I finally got some time to look into this, and several parts of what I told
you were wrong.

I had said that the temp store was a KahaDB instance. That was true, but
imprecise and I didn't know it. Technically, the temp store is any store
that implements org.apache.activemq.store.PListStore, and if the
persistence store does, it will be used rather than creating a second,
separate database instance. LevelDB is a PListStore, so when LevelDB is in
use, it will be used as the temp store. When KahaDB is in use, the
persistence adapter it uses is not a PListStore, so a new
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.plist.PListStoreImpl will be created,
meaning that it's a KahaDB instance but its data files will look similar to
(the same as?) a LevelDB store's data files, so you'd have trouble telling
them apart using ls. Either way, you're using LevelDB, so you won't see
files for a new store created.

BTW, the tmpDataDirectory is indeed passed into the broker from the XML
config file (I confirmed that with a debugger), it's just that the code
never chooses to use that path to create a new database instance.

Tim