Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Wat <cs...@cs.ust.hk> on 2000/09/20 09:22:32 UTC

Re: [Cocoon Users] Re: Xalan and Cocoon gives different result for some XSL

Hello,

I was trying to use a default XSL (like the IE5 one) which will pretty
print the XML to HTML on the server side for client like Netscape
Communicator 4.7 that does not take XML natively.

I hit the problem when I want to use Cocoon for this.

I am now thinking of for all XML with filename .xmls, the apache server
will use another servlet etc.  to pretty print it.

If there is already a similar sol'n, that would be appreciated also.

Thanks
Andrew

Posted by Stephen Zisk <sz...@mediabridge.net>.
Be careful of security implications, though. That is, make sure you do not
make this capability work such that if there is a file mumble.xml, you can
see its source by pointing to mumble.xmls. This is a convenient scheme for
certain kinds of debugging, but if you forget to turn it off, you are
exposing your XML source to prying eyes. M$ did this in early versions of ASP.

> > I am now thinking of for all XML with filename .xmls, the apache
>server
> > will use another servlet etc.  to pretty print it.
> >
> > If there is already a similar sol'n, that would be appreciated also.
>
>Within the examples dir there is a file called view_source.xml i believe
>that can do this for you... I think this can be easily transformed to a
>servlet which does that always for you... when the extension of a file
>is .xmls (like phps for php)...
>
>Peter

Stephen Zisk                      MediaBridge Technologies
email:  szisk@mediabridge.net     100 Nagog Park
tel:    978-795-7040              Acton, MA 01720    USA
fax:    978-795-7100              http://www.mediabridge.net

Re: [Cocoon Users] Re: Xalan and Cocoon gives different result for some XSL

Posted by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>.

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology