Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sangeetha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 08:39:06 UTC

How to search with single string in a multivalued string field

Hi,

I have a field name called, features_mvs.

<arr name="features_mvs">
<str>Slim,Compact</str>
<str>Large Storage,Efficient</str>
</arr>

I want to search with either of the string, Slim or Compact or Large Storage
or Efficient.

If i give, select?q=features_mvs:Slim,Compact it is returning, but i want to
search like, select?q=features_mvs:Slim

How can i do that?

How can I do that?

Re: How to search with single string in a multivalued string field

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Copy that string field to a text field. Use the string field when you want
exact matches, and use the text field or keyword or phrase searches.

-- Jack Krupansky