Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Riyaz Mansoor <rm...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/17 07:11:46 UTC

feature request

hi

the tomcat variable catalina_base allows running multiple tomcat instances.
but currently this is limited. personally, i'm developing an application
that extends some server classes (to be placed in
catalina_home/server/classes), some classes to be placed in
catalina_home/common/classes and some in catalina_home/shared/classes.
currently i have to put my custom extensions on the catalina_home (as above)
directory structure.

so i'd like to request that the classloader load from the catalina_base
directory structure and (then) from the catalina_home directory structure.

this way my catalina_home home would be "fresh" for everyone, and i can keep
my custome extension classes as a group on the catalina_base directory -
much easier for managing.

ps: is there a "feature request" for tomcat somewhere?

thanx

riyaz