Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew McCall <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/27 20:41:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Will mod_rewrite work?

Hi Folks,

I have an Apache httpd 2.0.55 installation that is running one web site.

Its using mod_jk to attach to JBoss and serve out a blog run by Blojsom.

At the moment the URL to access it is
http://mydomain.com/blojsom/blog/default/ which brings up the blog.  I
was wondering if it would be possible to use mod_rewrite so that
anything requested from http://mydomain.com/blog could automatically
send the user the pages from /blojsom/blog/default ?

I tried the following, but it didn't work, which started making me
wonder if its possible, what with the path not being a physical path.

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase blog/
RewriteRule ^/$ /blojsom/blog/default/

Thanks in advance,