Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Malka Cymbalista <Ma...@weizmann.ac.il> on 2007/01/16 11:35:25 UTC

http authentication via a secure LDAP server

I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun Solaris machine. We would like to do http authentication via our ldap server which is installed with SSL.  Are there perl modules that have to be installed or must I recompile apache and mod_perl with specific options?   Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any information.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036

Re: http authentication via a secure LDAP server

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 05:35, Malka Cymbalista wrote:
> I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
> Solaris machine. We would like to do http authentication via our ldap
> server which is installed with SSL.  Are there perl modules that have to be
> installed or must I recompile apache and mod_perl with specific options?
> Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks for any information.

Have you looked at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html

Sean

Re: [users@httpd] http authentication via a secure LDAP server

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
> I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
> Solaris machine. We would like to do http authentication via our ldap server
> which is installed with SSL.  Are there perl modules that have to be
> installed or must I recompile apache and mod_perl with specific options?
> Can anyone point me in the right direction.
> Thanks for any information.

use mod_ldap for ldap authentication ;-)

Regards,

Gaël