Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harlan Messinger <hm...@gmri.com> on 2002/06/07 19:33:10 UTC

IIS/Tomcat: scriptlets, POST not working

In my new IIS/Tomcat configuration, IIS *seems* to be forwarding
requests for JSPs to Tomcat, because it displays them. IIS on its own
doesn't display JSPs, it just asks if you want to open them or save them
to your local drive.

BUT: the scriptlets and expressions aren't being executed, so only the
HTML is being rendered.

AND: Only GET works. POST doesn't work. POST gives HTTP status code 405,
which Internet Explorer identifies as "Resource not allowed", though the
W3C HTTP spec says it's "Method not allowed".

Regarding the first problem above: I'm interested to note that the IIS
web log shows HTTP status code 200 for the GET when the request
immediately follows a change I've made to the JSP page, and a 304
("Resouce Not Modified") for subsequent requests. My question is: why
does IIS record an entry at all when it isn't the server that ultimately
serves the page? And now I see that the Tomcat logs don't show any
record of receiving these requests. And no log called isapi_redirect.txt
is being created as it should be. It's as though IIS now feels empowered
to handle JSP requests by itself--but since it doesn't know how to
handle JSP, it ignores it, and just serves the HTML.

Ideas? Thanks.

Harlan Messinger