Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/31 12:45:33 UTC

[XMLSchema] handling of unqualified type names

Hi all,
I've been troubled by a certain behavior in XmlSchema and wanted to
clarify it here. So here goes!

When a schema has types that are not qualified what should be taken as
their namespace ? Lemme explain the problem by an example. The
following schema has unqualified types

xmlns:xsd1="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
targetNamespace="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
elementFormDefault="qualified">
	<element name="complexElt">
		<complexType>
			<sequence>
				<element name="name" type="string"/>
				<element name="age" type="int"/>
			</sequence>
		</complexType>
	</element>
</schema>

XMLSpy picks up the string as xs:string interpreting the unqualified
types as belonging to the XMLnamespace. XmlSchema thinks that all such
unqualified type names as belonging to the target namespace and fails
to process the above schema.

Which is the correct logic here ? I can't seem to find a concrete
statement about this in the schema spec also!

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [XMLSchema] handling of unqualified type names

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Fixed and commited. I've already added a Jira and resolved it to so
that we've a record of it

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lawrence,