Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by yossim <mo...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/14 22:50:10 UTC

using spamdc/spamd getting better results?

Hello forum,

i read that SA can be worked in one of the following modes :spamassassin or
spamd/spamc. My mail relay is built on sendmail and MailScanner configured
wit SA 3.1.1.

I read several posting that state that working with spamd/spamc option is
the better one due to better performance. My question if that is true when
working with MailScanner since there is one line in MailScanner.conf that
state 'use spamassassin = yes'.

In case that spamc/spamd is the better opting then how do i tell MailScanner
to start spamd/spamc pair?

How do i start spamc? I have tried with -p option but it sems to stuck?

Regards,

Yossi

Sent from the SpamAssassin - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: using spamdc/spamd getting better results?

Posted by yossim <mo...@gmail.com>.

Steve Thomas wrote:

> Hi Yossi,
>
>> My mail relay is built on sendmail and MailScanner configured
>> wit SA 3.1.1.
>> How do i start spamc?
>
> IIRC, MailScanner loads the SpamAssassin perl modules directly - it
> doesn't use spamc/d, nor does it use the "spamassassin" script.
>
> HTH,
> St-

Thanks Steve for your quick answer ;)

Posted by Steve Thomas <li...@sthomas.net>.