Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Walt Jorgenson <wa...@mcn.org> on 2015/04/06 00:03:22 UTC

Can't open OpenOffice

Greetings
           I downloaded 4.1.1 and get the message below:
I am running OS X  10.10.2 on my MacBookPro
any way around this?
Thank You
Walt

³OpenOffice² can¹t be opened because it¹s from an unidentified developer
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App
Store and identified developers.

Google Chrome downloaded this file today at 1:14 PM from sourceforge.net.

Re: Can't open OpenOffice

Posted by jonathon <to...@gmail.com>.
On 05/04/15 23:11, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

>>> Google Chrome downloaded this file today at 1:14 PM from
>>> sourceforge.net.
>> Where did you download it from???
> @jd1008: Just cast your eyes one line above your question.

I suspect that jd1008 was wanting the full URL.

And to be pedantic, I'll point out that there are at least three
projects on sourceforge, that provide an office suite whose code can be
traced back to StarOffice, and whose moniker includes Openoffice.

jonathon

Re: Can't open OpenOffice

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

Re: Can't open OpenOffice

Posted by jd1008 <jd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can't open OpenOffice

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2015-04-05, 4:03 PM Walt Jorgenson wrote concerning "Can't open OpenOffice":
> Greetings
>             I downloaded 4.1.1 and get the message below:
> I am running OS X  10.10.2 on my MacBookPro
> any way around this?
> Thank You
> Walt
>
> ³OpenOffice² can¹t be opened because it¹s from an unidentified developer
> Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App
> Store and identified developers.

See this  for solution:
OS X: About GateKeeper
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290