Posted to user@any23.apache.org by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/06 06:52:31 UTC

Method newInstance(Class) has the same erasure newInstance(Class) as another method

Hi,
I've never compiled Any23 before and I wanted to try.

No documentation, but it was easy to do (i.e. no documentation is
necessary when things are done right!):

  svn checkout http://any23.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ any23
  cd any23
  mvn eclipse:eclipse
  Eclipse: File > Import... > Existing Projects into Workspace

Done. Thank you for making this so easy.

However, in Eclipse I see 3 compile errors:
Method newInstance(Class<? extends Fix>) has the same erasure
newInstance(Class<T>) as another method in type
DefaultValidator	DefaultValidator.java	/any23-core/src/main/java/org/deri/any23/validator	line
125	Java Problem
Method newInstance(Class<? extends Rule>) has the same erasure
newInstance(Class<T>) as another method in type
DefaultValidator	DefaultValidator.java	/any23-core/src/main/java/org/deri/any23/validator	line
133	Java Problem
The method newInstance(Class<? extends Fix>) in the type
DefaultValidator is not applicable for the arguments
(Class<capture#1-of ? extends
Rule>)	DefaultValidator.java	/any23-core/src/main/java/org/deri/any23/validator	line
55	Java Problem

I do not have problems compiling Any23 from the command line:
mvn compile

Do you have the same issue with Eclipse?

Paolo