Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Programmer In Training <pi...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> on 2010/01/12 06:43:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory Indexes

I've been out of the loop for a VERY long time (since around 1.3.12) so
please forgive me my ignorance.

In 1.3.12 I used to know how to get the directory index to look like this:

http://www.boycottamerica.us/relevant-files/

and not like the current default look (a bulleted list of directories
and files with no descriptive information at all) when running on
Windows (I have it installed for local testing purposes only). While
this isn't a great big huge issue, I do like the old default look so
much better. All options except DocumentRoot are at the default values
at install.
--
PIT

Re: [users@httpd] Directory Indexes

Posted by Programmer In Training <pi...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>.
On 1/12/2010 12:09 AM, Vincent Jong wrote:
> assuming you're on 2.2, look into IndexOptions, IndexStyleSheet,
> AddIconByEncoding, AddIcon, AddIconByType, AddDescription
<snip>

Yeah, sorry about that. I've got the latest Apache installed.

I saw those in the manual when I was digging through it to find a
solution, do I really have to add those manually to what was a default
configuration? If so, then truly forgive me for asking, like I said, I
haven't used Apache in /years/.

Might I ask why the change, or is there a list better suited to that
question?

Posted by Vincent Jong <me...@gmail.com>.
assuming you're on 2.2, look into IndexOptions, IndexStyleSheet,
AddIconByEncoding, AddIcon, AddIconByType, AddDescription

--
If there's anything more important than my ego
around, I want it caught and shot now...