Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> on 2007/01/02 12:36:25 UTC

RE: [m2] any tips for site internationalization ?

Happy New Year to everyone !

Dennis,
Thanks for the info. In fact I was aware of this issue already, but since it was taking too long to get it fixed, I decided to check whether anyone had a workaround.
Anyway it turned out that I found why site internationalization was not working for brazilian portuguese (pt_BR) and most likely german too. That was because their properties files from maven-site-plugin and maven-project-info-reports-plugin were using UTF-8 as default encoding instead of ISO-8859-1. After updating them manually in my local repository, I could get my site internationalized. I've decided to make that change because Velocity uses ISO-8859-1 as input and output encoding. Besides if you take a look at the french and spanish properties files, you'll see their enconding are ISO-8859-1 as well.
I hope this encoding issue gets fixed in the next site plugin release.

Dário