Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Justin Workman <ju...@worjusconsulting.com> on 2003/10/07 04:30:21 UTC

Problems running axis webapp

I am having problems running the axis webapp. I am currently running a tomcat 4.1.27 install with the axis1.1 software. I have simply moved the webapps/axis directory to my tomcat install /webapps directory and when I restart tomcat I get the following error. I have tried many different classpaths and various other tweaks with no luck. I can however run the sample apps from the command line, but still tomcat will not load the axis application. Here is where the errors stem from…..

2003-10-06 19:21:37 StandardWrapper[/axis:default]: Loading container servlet default
2003-10-06 19:21:37 StandardWrapper[/axis:invoker]: Loading container servlet invoker
2003-10-06 19:21:37 HostConfig[localhost] Error deploying web application directory axis
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

I have obviously omitted the rest of the log output, as everything upto this point is fine and everything after is a byproduct of the error. I have searched and searched and seem to be running in circles at this point. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, as I have been chasing this for several days now.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance as to the cause or resolution to this issue.

Justin Workman
WORJUS Consulting
801.979.6259

   _____