Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@apache.org> on 2019/06/13 01:17:40 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Withdraw from the Apache Incubator

The Zipkin team conducted a 7 day vote to withdraw from the Apache
Incubator back to its prior state in the OpenZipkin Github org. Below
are the results which are unanimous +8.

IPMC +1 Sheng Wu
PPMC +7 Adrian Cole, Bas van Beek, José Carlos Chávez, Kristof
Adriaenssens, Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya, Brian Devins-Suresh, Lance
Linder

For reasons of discretion, this vote happened on a private thread,
similar to how we vote in new committers. For those with access, the
thread relating to the above votes is here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b47dc4cdce50ca5d4229d73d2ac745904e3a4b70bebfabe1cbf7c55a@%3Cprivate.zipkin.apache.org%3E

The general path forward is reverting our repositories back to the
OpenZipkin org. While there will be follow-up work such as undoing the
administrative changes, we expect no resistance from the incubator
based on preliminary advice here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/21fac29620422a99c95d840d68b9e1380ce5d9a8266cdcb997204038@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

This decision doesn't imply we don't appreciate or have not learned
while in the Incubator. We highly appreciate the time people have
volunteered towards the podling from then until now. I think everyone
can find an experience to be grateful for during our time in the
Incubator.

Shortly, we will start a logistics thread and link it back here so as
to not conflate logistics with the topic of vote outcomes.

Thanks very much,
The Zipkin Team

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Withdraw from the Apache Incubator

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@apache.org>.
As promised, here is the email thread detailing the plan to revert https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8d8f85b898ae6e6ac79376a88d292babf69b1a1e4365c2a674b68db4@%3Cdev.zipkin.apache.org%3E