Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henrik Sidebäck <he...@netlight.se> on 2000/09/11 11:58:33 UTC

Content-Length style HTTP 1.1 Responses from Tomcat 3.1

Hi all,

I'm currently having trouble with Tomcat 3.1. Well, not actually with
Tomcat, rather with some poorly implemented wap gateways. Any HTTP
response with the 'Content-Length' style is handled fine by the gateway,
but if 'Transfer-Encoding: chunked' is used, the gateway seems to have
trouble passing it on to the handset.

All other gateways we've tried have had no trouble with either scheme,
but alas, Telenor (Norweigian mobile operator) seems to have a buggy
gateway. Also, I have so far been unable to get to anybody at Telenor,
that knows anything about their gateway, so I don't have much feedback.

In short: is there any way of forcing Tomcat 3.1 to use Content-Length
style responses instead of Transfer-Encoding?

HEEELP!
/Henrik