Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Rodenburg, Jeff" <je...@teamaol.com> on 2012/06/20 20:48:38 UTC

Topic/partition creation

I'm exploring the v0.7 code to understand topics and partitions and how those are created/managed. I'm trying to understand how cheap/expensive it is to create/shutdown/manage those items.  A few questions:

  *   "Topics" appear to be metadata on partitions, which are the actual objects in play. Is this accurate?
  *   What is the relationship between ZK and broker regarding topics and partitions?

I'm walking the code sequences now, but some clarification would be beneficial.

-j

Re: Topic/partition creation

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes, the call is blocking, but is only called once per broker startup.

Thanks,

Jun

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Rodenburg, Jeff <jeff.rodenburg@teamaol.com

Posted by "Rodenburg, Jeff" <je...@teamaol.com>.