Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by K Anand <ka...@sail-steel.com> on 2005/03/09 10:11:09 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy and Redirect

Apache 1.3.27

I have a server configuration where I use ProxyPass. In the virtual host
where the ProxyPass is located, I also have a Redirect rule. It seems like
Proxypass is taking preference to Redirect. Is this correct ?? I tried the
same thing with RewriteRule....Here also it looks like ProxyPass is taking
precedence...The RewriteRule and Redirect rule were written before the
ProxyPass directives ...

Can someone help ?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy and Redirect

Posted by K Anand <ka...@sail-steel.com>.
Josh,

1) I checked my httpd.conf file. The rewrite module is being loaded before
the proxy module.
2) I do need to do the reverse proxy . So I cannot negate that.

Here's my scenario in detail.

client      ---      Webserver      -----       Appln server
             https                            http

Webserver to Appln server connections are made by ProxyPass. Since this is
application is used for all
transactions of our company and it can be deployed on the internet, we are
planning to use SSL between
client and Webserver. So all requests between client and Webserver will be
on https. What I want is that
when the URL is say https://abc.com/docs/xyz   it should be rewritten to
http://abc.com/docs/xyz. In addition
to this, there is a ProxyPass on Webserver which is like this :
ProxyPass /docs/ http://abc1.com/docs/

When I'm disabling the ProxyPass statement in my httpd.conf, I can see that
URL is being rewritten from
https to http. But the moment I uncomment the ProxyPass statement, URL is
not being rewritten.

Any clues why ??

Anand

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.