Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by da...@lightbend.com, da...@lightbend.com on 2019/03/10 23:40:43 UTC

bug KAFKA-3881

Hi,

In chasing down a metric bug, came across an older issue that looks to me to have the fix at least as of that time. Since that PR, the bug has been copied to two other locations in Fetcher.java, so I suppose a new PR is needed.  Is there anything else I can do to help get this bug fixed?

The issue is Fetcher.java has some mistaken hard coded conversion of the topic value, so that dots are converted to underbar. This is inconsistent with all the other metrics, and makes the topic value non-matching and ambiguous (not reversible as underbar may or may have been a dot originally).

Thanks for your time!

- David