Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Casper Bergenhammer <ca...@sophistic.dk> on 2004/06/18 17:16:39 UTC

libapreq2 on freebsd progress

In FreeBSD we have the ports system similar to gentoo on
linux and Autrijus Tang now made a port of libapreq2 using the
2.02-dev release. I just tested a diff for the current port(2.02-dev)
which will upgrade it to using 2.03-dev, it worked and
libapreq2-2.03-dev was installed and registered nicely.
/usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq2

for those who don't know about freebsd ports:
A FreeBSD port is only a set of install scripts and patches
that is applied to the original tarball, so perhaps in these
ports there are some useful info that can be used to improve
the general fbsd compatibility in the general tarball release.

For what its worth to those who have problems with the
tarball, compiling from source manually or using cpan,
FreeBSD'ers now can also utilize a tailored port.

So status is now, libapreq2 runs on freebsd, although
there may be problems, but not much different from those
on other platforms I think, which appears to be good work
in progress.

one of the problems I have noticed are this entry in the
apache error log:

Usage: $class->jar($env, $data) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/mach/Apache2/Apache/Cookie.pm line
53.\n

for the record: joe mentioned something about the correct call being
my $jar = Apache::Cookie->jar($r);

:) Casper