Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2017/05/04 00:57:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move master (0.9) to use Java 8 as the minimum version

Java7 was EOLd about 2 years ago. Should we move master to use Java8?

Thanks,
Sid

Re: [DISCUSS] Move master (0.9) to use Java 8 as the minimum version

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Hadoop 3 is Java 8 only. I believe older versions run on Java 8 as well. We
should be able to de-link the Hadoop version discussion from the Java 8
discussion, as long as the min Hadoop version supports java 8.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Posted by zhiyuan yang <sj...@gmail.com>.