Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Winsor, Daniel" <da...@etrade.com> on 2012/10/29 22:01:44 UTC

Help Plugin Not Reporting All Profiles

Hi,

I have a pom with a parent pom.  Both poms have profiles, some of which are active and some of which are not.  The parent pom has a profile that is activated by the existence of a file, as below.  However, when I run mvn help:active-profiles on the _child_ pom I do not get this profile to show up - despite the profile being inevitably executed when mvn clean install is run.  The same thing happens, I think, with property–based profiles.

<project>
<profiles>
<profile>
<id>test</id>
<activation>
    <file>
        <exists>marker</exists>
    </file>
</activation>

Is this a limitation of the plugin or am I using it incorrectly?

Thank you,
Daniel Winsor
Associate, IT Architecture

Re: Help Plugin Not Reporting All Profiles

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You've hit MPH-79 [1] I think.

/Anders

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPH-79