Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bueno Carlos M <Ca...@irs.gov> on 2003/03/06 22:37:36 UTC

[OT] response.sendRedirect with proxy servers

Consider this scenario:

I have Tomcat sitting behind a firewall. I have two Apaches that forward
requests to this Tomcat. I am never able to perform a
response.sendRedirect() command because the Location header sent to the
browser contains the host and port of my Tomcat, not the Apache. This is as
it should be, as the Tomcat has no notion of the external host or IP of the
Apaches. Nevertheless, it bugs me that a useful function is rendered useless
by most common architectures. Anyone have an idea how to solve this
programmatically?