Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Goss, Lucas" <LG...@sheriffleefl.org> on 2014/09/17 20:36:48 UTC

Maven deploy issues

I just installed a fresh Archiva standalone app (2.1.1). I followed the documents to deploy from Maven over HTTP (distributionManagement and repositories) and ran "mvn deploy". The app is a simple library jar.

I have the settings.xml setup and in my pom.xml I have:
<project ...>
                <groupId>org.sheriffleefl</groupId>
                <artifactId>lib-example</artifactId>
                <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <packaging>jar</packaging>
                <name>lib-example</name>
                <description>Some lib description</description>
                <url>http://localdomain</url>
                <distributionManagement>
                                <repository>
                                                <id>archiva.internal</id>
                                                <name>lcso-law-enforcement</name>
                                                <url>http://hdq-mvn:8080/repository/internal/</url>
                                </repository>

                                <snapshotRepository>
                                                <id>archiva.snapshots</id>
                                                <name>lcso-law-enforcement</name>
                                                <url>http://hdq-mvn:8080/repository/snapshots/</url>
                                </snapshotRepository>
                </distributionManagement>
</project>

When the app gets deployed it says it uploaded to the correct location:
Uploaded: http://localdomain:8080/repository/snapshots/org/sheriffleefl/lib-example/1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib-example-1.0-20140917-1.jar

The output from mvn is successful, but then when I browse the Archiva site, the artifact doesn't show up (checked all, snapshot, etc.). So I did a search and searched for part of the artifact name, "lib", and it comes up in the search result grid:
name: l
artifact id: lib-example
version 1.0-SNAPSHOT

But if I click on the artifact "lib-example", no "Versions" exist, and the artifact info only has "Artifact ID" and just one letter in the "Group ID", everything else is empty and the group is wrong. If I go up a directory (using breadcrumbs) to the "l" (group id) nothing shows up in that directory. If I upload it through the web interface I have the same issue. The first time I did this same process and the upload through the web ui worked correctly I believe. Now the only way I can find the uploaded artifact is to go directly to the artifact name (breadcrumbs work on the one uploaded from the web):
localdomain:8080/#artifact/org.sheriffleefl/lib-example

Is there something I am missing? Or is something missing from the documentation? I've also tried Index and Directory scanning and it doesn't help, but it does make the search not work for anything (can't find either the Maven deployed app or the web uploaded app).

Lucas

***IMPORTANT MESSAGE***
This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this email by error, please notify us immediately and destroy the related message. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, worms, hostile scripts and other email-borne network threats. PLEASE NOTE: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from government officials are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communications may be subject to public disclosure per Sec. 119 F.S.

Re: Maven deploy issues

Posted by Deng Ching-Mallete <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Lucas,

What is the directory path of your repository in Archiva? If it is a
relative path (eg ./repository/internal, similar to the internal &
snapshots repos configured by default), I suggest you change it to an
absolute path instead. There seems to be a problem resolving relative paths
somewhere.

Thanks,
Deng

--