Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/04/07 15:42:12 UTC

Mailing list migration

The infra folks are asking if we can make the mailing list migration now:

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe this would have minimal impact on subscribers
- more of a name change or perhaps forwarding on the infra side.  I think we
should do this to make things congruent (wiki, documentation, etc).  The
mailing lists are the last thing to move over.

Any objections?

Re: Mailing list migration

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Technically [B] should be the exported version of [D].

And yes, [C] must be set up and [E] moved over.  We need to put that in as a
request to infra.  I was going to do that after [B] and [D] were resolved :)

Thanks for the notification though - it certainly saved me some time :)

Cheers,

Les

Re: Mailing list migration

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mailing list migration

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I thought a formal vote that passed was 'official closure'.  I'm not aware
of anything else more formal than that in the ASF.

My worry is that this project grinds to a halt again until another name is
chosen.  I don't think we should change our current behavior until there is
'official closure' to do something otherwise.  Sure, call another vote if
necessary, but we need consensus or a vote to alter behavior, no?

Re: Mailing list migration

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.