Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cybernd <cy...@cybernd.at> on 2005/02/10 13:43:40 UTC

changelog plugin - Exception: parse date

Hi

The developers of cvshome changed the date format. So changelog v 1.7.1
always thrown an exception: "parse date".
I found inside the changelogs changelog, that the problem should be
resolved in 1.7.2, so in installed the update.

With 1.7.2 the changelog plugin is able to generate the report, but
there are still parse date exceptions. I guess, that there is one
exception for each ressource inside my repository :|

Someone already reported this beheavior:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1447

I know that it seems like this issue is caused inside the netbeans
cvslib and as such its not really mavens problem.

Is there some kind of workaround available to suppress the exception?
My anthill logfile gets flooded. Its also not really fine, because it
prohibits to send developer mails, because each mail got a size > 4mb
(im not interested into flooding mailaccs).

Im also courious: why changelog is able to do his work? I mean, the
underlaying cvslib seems to be broken, but changelog itself is still
able to extract the necessary data?
I tried to find the sources of the netbeans cvslib inside their cvs. Was
not able to find them - any ideas where to seach? (wich cvs module, wich
subpath?)

thx for your help
cybi

--
aka Neuhauser Bernhard

Re: changelog plugin - Exception: parse date

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> Is maven able to suppress such an exception, directly written to the
> stderr inside a 3rd party lib?

If that's the case, no. I hadn't looked into it.

- Brett

Re: changelog plugin - Exception: parse date

Posted by Cybernd <cy...@cybernd.at>.
Brett Porter schrieb:

>In the mean time, you may need to disable the report.

Seems like the Exception output is sent to the stderr.

Im using an ant buildscript to wrapp my maven call (The free Anthill is
not maven aware). It seems to be enough to switch <exec error="false"
inside the buildfile to suppress the exception.
(I just write this to the maillist, because i think that this
information might be valuable for others)

So it should be possible, to avoid the deactivation of the changelog report.

Just an additional question:

The changelog cvslib excecutes the netbeans cvs call. Does the maven
changelog plugin write the exception to the stderr? Im not sure,
normally an exception inside a maven plugin causes the buildprocess to
fail, but maven is able to finish the changelog buildprocess
successfully. So i guess, that the netbeans cvslib itself writes the
exception to the stderr.

Is maven able to suppress such an exception, directly written to the
stderr inside a 3rd party lib?

thx
cybi

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You can file a bug against the changelog plugin to suppress the
exception trace if that is all that is needed.