Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 08:02:22 UTC

inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Hi all:
    The following commiters had graduated and with little possiblity they
could participate in this project.
     Dong Yang  a.k.a  okid
     JingJing Gao  a.k.a  stellagjj
     Fan Zhang   a.k.a  zhangfan
   And we propose two person to be new commiters.
    Bowen Ma      lovesummerf@gmail.com
    Ping Chen       zijian.ping@gmail.com

regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
Samuel Kevin wrote:
> Hi all:
>     The following commiters had graduated and with little possiblity they
> could participate in this project.
>      Dong Yang  a.k.a  okid
>      JingJing Gao  a.k.a  stellagjj
>      Fan Zhang   a.k.a  zhangfan
>    And we propose two person to be new commiters.
>     Bowen Ma      lovesummerf@gmail.com
>     Ping Chen       zijian.ping@gmail.com
>
> regards,
> Kevin

Updated the project August report:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2009#preview

Bill

Re: inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> 2009/8/14 Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>:
>
>>  Plus, i can't visit the NOTICE file in Apache Geronimo.
>>

> The wright link should be:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/NOTICE

Geronimo community is preparing a release and the file name changed from
NOTICE.txt to NOTICE.  You know you can browse the entire svn tree?
Take a look here for example:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/

or here for bluesky:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bluesky/

Bill

Re: inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Luciano

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/13 Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>

> Samuel Kevin wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>>    The following commiters had graduated and with little possiblity they
>> could participate in this project.
>>     Dong Yang  a.k.a  okid
>>     JingJing Gao  a.k.a  stellagjj
>>     Fan Zhang   a.k.a  zhangfan
>>   And we propose two person to be new commiters.
>>    Bowen Ma      lovesummerf@gmail.com
>>    Ping Chen       zijian.ping@gmail.com
>>
>> regards,
>> Kevin
>>

> Thanks Kevin. I will ask the infra team to revoke the okid, stellagjj and
> zhangfan.
>
> Regarding new committers...
> Kevin, The ASF mentors on this project (and other members of the Incubator
> PMC) have a big concern about the Bluesky project committers. Our goal (ASF
> and Bluesky project members) should be to a) create a strong, transparent,
> open community of developers (and hopefully users) that b) follow the rules
> of the ASF and c) release code. The mentors and project committers must work
> together to achieve these goals.
>
> The bluesky team needs to put much, much more effort into building the
> community around ASF principles. In order to build a diverse developers
> community, outsiders must be able to look into the bluesky project (wiki,
> mailing list, source code, bug tracker) and get a clear understanding of
> what the code does, how to build the code, current technical issues being
> worked on, where the project has been, where the project is going. You must
> capture technical discussions and decisions on the developers mailing list.
> If someone looking in from the outside cannot understand where the project
> has been, current technical issues and where the project is going, then they
> will not know how to join and participate in the community. Again, our
> primary goal is to grow the community. Everything we do should be directed
> at encouraging and enabling outsiders to join our community. Technical
> discussions and decisions should be visible to everyone (by looking at the
> dev mailing list archives or wiki).

Yes, we've made that mistake, but such thing would not  happen again.

> The next thing you must understand is that all the bluesky developers
> participate in the community as individuals. User ids are never shared, you
> never commit/contribute code without clearly indicating where you got the
> code (did you write the code? did someone else write the code and if so,
> who? and do you have their permission to contribute the code?).

We are now focusing on  clarifying the licenses of original code, and we'd
ensure a few part of the code ,like V4L which is totally free, would
seperate from code writing by us so that the license would not mix.  Plus, i

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
thanks Bill, really appriciate your help.

2009/8/27 Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>

> Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:18, Samuel Kevin<lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> hi,Bill:
>>>   have you reviewed and forwarded the iCLAs, i've sent to you, to the ASF
>>> Secretary for archival? i need to use commit documents and changes on the
>>> website.
>>> regards,

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:18, Samuel Kevin<lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,Bill:
>>    have you reviewed and forwarded the iCLAs, i've sent to you, to the ASF
>> Secretary for archival? i need to use commit documents and changes on the
>> website.
>> regards,
>> Kevin
>>

> You find all recorded CLAs here:
>   http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>
> It might take a while (a week or more) to appear here.
>
> That doesn't mean you can commit right away though, your mentors have
> to request accounts for you, which takes some days, too.

I have sent the iCLAs to the ASF secretary for recording. Will request
accounts when the iCLA receipt is acknowledged by the secretary.
> Meanwhile, If you have any pending changes, please attach them as
> patch files at the relevant JIRA issues - I saw you already created
> one such issue.
>
>   Bernd

Thanks Bernd.

Bill

Re: inactive commiters id and new proposed commiters id

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
yeah, that's great. thanks Bernd, i will follow your way. thanks.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
hi,Bill:

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.

>    And we propose two person to be new commiters.
>     Bowen Ma      lovesummerf@gmail.com
>     Ping Chen       zijian.ping@gmail.com

Bowen and Ping,
Have you submitted an iCLA? (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt or
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.pdf)?  If not, you should each
complete an iCLA now.  If you don't have ability to FAX the completed
form to the ASF Headquarters, you may print out the form, sign it, scan
it as a pdf and send it to me. I will review and forward to the ASF