Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jmychasiw <jm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 17:21:09 UTC

Re: Adding property before being sent to dead letter queue

bsnyder wrote:

> Trying to do custom message processing inside of ActiveMQ is by no
> means easy to achieve. Camel is definitely the better solution for
> this type of work.

We are seeking a solution to this as well.  I will be looking at Camel down
the road , but right now I have two questions about what I think is a common
usecase.

1 - We simply want to attach some error information to the message before it
goes to the DLQ.
Is this impossible to achieve this in raw JMS?  From java doc:
"If clearProperties is called, the properties can now be both read from and
written to."
Is this method only meant  for the JMS container to use? When I try it in my
listener, I get a Notwritable error.

2 - We have  have a screen where a user can move the message from the DLQ to
a main processing queue.  We are using Sping jmsTemplate.  When
'transferring' the message, the message headers were not transferred, so I
had to manually set them in the new message.  Am I missing something?

I know these are basic JMS questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.