Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Thomas Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/10 18:35:37 UTC

keep alive post out

I've been running ATS at the edge with keepalive enabled. After some
digging I found that ATS creates new connections (by default) for all post
requests, instead of re-using a connection. The comment in the code looks
like this was (is?) because of some race condition inside ATS. I noticed
that there is a config option (proxy.config.http.keep_alive_post_out) which
enables the connection re-use for post requests, and it seems to work. Does
anyone have any knowledge/experience with this configuration option? Or
anything about this race condition?

Thomas Jackson

Re: keep alive post out

Posted by Thomas Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Since there was no traction on this thread we went ahead and dug into it a
bit more later. We found a but in post error handling (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2497) which caused connections'
buffers to be freed prematurely which caused crashes/connection-failures
which were mentioned in the code comments. Once this fix was applied though
we are no longer seeing any of these errors and we've been running with
this feature on for quite a while with no issue :)

Thomas Jackson

Re: keep alive post out

Posted by Thomas Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.