Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by xbranko <xb...@netscape.net> on 2007/04/25 21:08:10 UTC

webapp admin tool queue and persistent messages

ActiveMQ 4.2

Admin tool does not show dynamic queue that contain persistent messages.
Only after the producer or the consumer access the queue does it show the
queue. I read somewhere that the broker resources are created only when
needed, to conserve the resources -- this is good. Does the same logic apply
when reading from the persistent storage?
Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Thanks,
Branko

Re: webapp admin tool queue and persistent messages

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, xbranko <xb...@netscape.net> wrote:

> ActiveMQ 4.2
>
> Admin tool does not show dynamic queue that contain persistent messages.
> Only after the producer or the consumer access the queue does it show the
> queue. I read somewhere that the broker resources are created only when
> needed, to conserve the resources -- this is good. Does the same logic apply
> when reading from the persistent storage?
> Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Its expected behaviour - its basically an optimisation to be able to
deal with huge numbers of destinations and to recover & restart
quickly.

You can also explicitly configure the initial destinations if you prefer...
http://activemq.apache.org/configure-startup-destinations.html
--
James
-------