Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason L Michael <ja...@jason-michael.com> on 2003/02/13 00:29:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: [apache] RE: [users@httpd] Point Apache to index.php...

Boyle,

Can you specify multiple files with this directive, i.e.:

            DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.html.var

Or is this an error?  If Apache looks in the htdocs folder and
sees both a index.php and an index.html, how does it pick the
right one?

Thanks!
JLM

Posted by Chris Meadors <cl...@hereintown.net>.
Jason L Michael wrote:
> Boyle,
>
> Can you specify multiple files with this directive, i.e.:
>
>             DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.html.var
>
> Or is this an error?  If Apache looks in the htdocs folder and
> sees both a index.php and an index.html, how does it pick the
> right one?

It's correct.  Apache picks the left most one that occurs first in the
directory.

--
Chris