Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Bob <rm...@mediaone.net> on 2001/02/01 12:11:24 UTC

Http 1.1

Hi,

Are there any plans to support Http 1.1 in an upcoming version of Apache Soap?
I need to wring out a little more performance and I believe this could make
a big difference for me
in that my application will make frequent calls to the server. So far I've
only managed about 30 calls
per second. That would be borderline sufficient but I'd like a little more
for my personal peace of mind and
I'm concerned about how it will scale up to a large number of clients.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to wait for a future version of
Apache Soap (if it will someday be supported),
modifying the current version or just writing my own soap servlet from scratch.

Thanks.
Bob

RE: COM Example

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.
Can someone send the MSVCP60D.dll as an attachment on the list. I'm trying
to get the COMProvider example to work. Thanks. Gus

Posted by Gus Delgado <gu...@netquotient.com>.

COM Example

COM Example

Re: Http 1.1

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Bob wrote:

> Are there any plans to support Http 1.1 in an upcoming version of Apache Soap?
> I need to wring out a little more performance and I believe this could make
> a big difference for me
> in that my application will make frequent calls to the server. So far I've
> only managed about 30 calls
> per second. That would be borderline sufficient but I'd like a little more
> for my personal peace of mind and
> I'm concerned about how it will scale up to a large number of clients.
>
> I'm currently trying to decide whether to wait for a future version of
> Apache Soap (if it will someday be supported),
> modifying the current version or just writing my own soap servlet from scratch.

hi,

i will download and look into the latest apache soap 2.1 RC1 but i have one general
recommendation from my own experience: please profile both client and server code.
by simply doing it in our soaprmi implementation i have found that we were reading
input by one character a time (!) - it was for debugging but never commented debug
code ...

simply changing it improved performance from 30 calls/second to 180 calls/second on
solaris (for more details please see:
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/pipermail/soaprmi/2001-February/000004.html).

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut

Re: Http 1.1

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.