Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2012/08/24 20:54:26 UTC

Mustella Test Repairs

I've completed components/DataGrid. I wound up repairing a number of tests due to changes in (x,y) cursor position and in a couple of cases, the wrong image asset was being used. If anyone on a Mac could re-test components/DataGrid after syncing to the development branch, that would be helpful to see how things compare.

./mini_run.sh tests/components/DataGrid/

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/27/12 7:35 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <ca...@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> yes, I'm fully synchronized with develop branch.
>
> The differences in number of test reported is already scaring me
> since. I saw this before in other folders and is nothing good...
>
> I think you are ok with getting some method to work over since I think
> the team working right now on this is not already using the same
> rules. For example I saw Alex said to Jose to not run -createImages,
> but I think you and I consesuated to use it...we should something
> unified and all people working on it should get over that rules.

I'm not sure we can write an algorithm for everyone to follow, but my
general flow is this:

1) Run a folder of tests.
2) Fix the non-CompareBitmap failures by modifying the tests.
3) If I see CompareBitmap failures, use ImageDiffAIR to examine the
differences
    a) If the only differences appear the be that the baseline did not use
embedded fonts, then cut a new baseline
    b) Otherwise, try to figure out why there are differences and determine
if the test needs fixing or if it is ok to cut a new baseline.

The last part is a loosely defined.  But I would assume that, other than
embedded font errors, the baselines checked in are accurate and differences
are important.

If there are just a few differences in the antialiasing, you can try to get
around that by bumping up the colorVariance options on CompareBitmap, but
don't just stick in high numbers to make the test pass.

It is great to see all of your efforts and I know we are in a hurry to get
tests passing, but we don't want to skip over important tests to reach that
goal.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Peter,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/27/12 8:25 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <ca...@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

Hi Carlos, thanks for plugging away at this.

> To fill start filling the gaps ;)
>
> ./mini_run.sh tests/browser/
>
> [java] =====================================================
>      [java]     Passes: 0
>      [java]     Fails: 0
>      [java] =====================================================
>
> so all OK (all should be in exclusion)
The browser tests probably require a change of configuration in
local.properties and possibly some new work to copy in SWFObject.  You will
also have to setup an HTTP server to point to the tests directory.

> ./mini_run.sh tests/CompiletimeLocalization/
>
> [java] =====================================================
>      [java]     Passes: 0
>      [java]     Fails: 0
>      [java] =====================================================
>
> again all OK (all should be in exclusion)
If 0 tests are running, we need to understand why.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
To fill start filling the gaps ;)

./mini_run.sh tests/browser/

[java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 0
     [java]     Fails: 0
     [java] =====================================================

so all OK (all should be in exclusion)

./mini_run.sh tests/CompiletimeLocalization/

[java] =====================================================
     [java]     Passes: 0
     [java]     Fails: 0
     [java] =====================================================

again all OK (all should be in exclusion)

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Carol,

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
That's a good idea. I have it open for edit right now so I'll do that.

--peter

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Re: Mustella Test Repairs

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.