Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by vishal arvindrao ruikar <vi...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/07/16 07:25:22 UTC

vishal (plz help me regarding filter problem )

hello  sir ..
       i  am  student  of final  computer  science and  engg ..
i  read  the  whole  apache server  code and  understand  the
concepts ..
i  want to  submit  also  apache documets  to  u  which  i
prepare
for that   but  sir  i  have one problem  regarding  filter
inmplentation  here..  plz send me correct  solution  for that
..

  the  problem  is follows  as :

  i  write one filter module  just  for appending  string  to
   html  document  what  ever  i  request in  brower .
    i  compiled my  code  successfully  , install and added
by  using

        apxs -c -i -a append_module.c        on  linux platform
.

i  put  one  fprintf statment to see the really filter
register  or  not  . but  sir  meg  printed  in  error fiile .
that  mean  it evocks  the  register_hook  but i  can't  say
anything
after  that  what is  going to  happen with  my  code .
     i  set  httpd.conf file
by using
          SetOutputFilter  APPEND
in proper way .
and also  i  use
   AddOutputFilter APPEND .html

but  it doesn't works  .
   currently  i  am  planing  to  write  filter  to  add
more  functionality  in  apache .
   but  sir if  i  fail  to  run  very  simple  code then
how  can  i  proceed  for big  code  ..
   so  sir plz  send me correct  modification  if  needed
and needed  configuration  to  run  this  module  succssfully
i  have  2.0.46 distribution ...

here is my  code :

#include "apr_strings.h"
#include "util_filter.h"
#include "http_request.h"
#include "http_core.h"
#include "http_protocol.h"
#include "http_log.h"
#include "http_main.h"
#include "ap_config.h"
#include "http_config.h"
#include "httpd.h"
#include "apr_general.h"
#include "apr_buckets.h"
#include "apr_tables.h"

module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA append_module;
static int append_filter(ap_filter_t *f, apr_bucket_brigade *bb)
{
         apr_bucket *e, *n;
         request_rec *r = f->r;
         conn_rec *c = r->connection;
         char *date_val;
         apr_size_t len ;
         char *buff ;
         buff=apr_bucket_alloc(len, c->bucket_alloc);
         buff[0]='v';
         buff[1]='i';
         buff[2]='s';
         buff[3]='h';
         buff[4]='a';
         buff[5]='l';

         fprintf(stderr,"hello vishal , we  r now in  footer
handler ");
         if(!strncasecmp(f->r->content_type, "text/html", 9))
         {
                 e=APR_BRIGADE_LAST(bb);
                 if (APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS(e))
                 {

                   n= apr_bucket_pool_create(buff ,len,f->r->pool
, f->c->bucket_alloc );
                  APR_BUCKET_INSERT_BEFORE(e, n);
                  apr_table_unset(f->r->headers_out, "ETag");
                  apr_table_unset(f->r->headers_out,
"Last-Modified");
                  }
          }
          ap_pass_brigade(f->next, bb);
          return APR_SUCCESS;
}
static  void footer_register_hook(apr_pool_t *p)
{
         fprintf(stderr,"hello vishal , we  r  now  in  register
hook ");
         ap_register_output_filter("FOOTERFILTER",
footer_filter,NULL, AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);
}
module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA footer_module =
{
         STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF,
         NULL,
         NULL,
         NULL,
         NULL,
         NULL,
         append_register_hook
};

      so  sir  plz  help  me ..

                                  vishal ruikar

vinux

Re: vishal (plz help me regarding filter problem )

Posted by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
> * vishal arvindrao ruikar wrote:

>> hello  sir ..
>>        i  am  student  of final  computer  science and  engg ..
>> i  read  the  whole  apache server  code and  understand  the
>> concepts ..
>> i  want to  submit  also  apache documets  to  u  which  i
>> prepare
>> for that   but  sir  i  have one problem  regarding  filter
>> inmplentation  here..  plz send me correct  solution  for that
>> ..

> You're a bit off-topic here. Such questions are better asked on developer
> mailing lists.

And please, don't send this mail to half the world or every private mail
address you could find. Addressing the correct mailing list will higher
much more your chance to get an answer. :-)

Good luck
 Kess

Re: vishal (plz help me regarding filter problem )

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* vishal arvindrao ruikar wrote:

> hello  sir ..
>        i  am  student  of final  computer  science and  engg ..
> i  read  the  whole  apache server  code and  understand  the
> concepts ..
> i  want to  submit  also  apache documets  to  u  which  i
> prepare
> for that   but  sir  i  have one problem  regarding  filter
> inmplentation  here..  plz send me correct  solution  for that
> ..

You're a bit off-topic here. Such questions are better asked on developer
mailing lists.

> i  put  one  fprintf statment to see the really filter
> register  or  not  . but  sir  meg  printed  in  error fiile .
> that  mean  it evocks  the  register_hook  but i  can't  say
> anything

I'd guess, some more homework is necessary. <http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/38>
seems to be a good entry point for better understanding of filter writing.
Ryan develops there a filter more or less from scratch.

Good luck!

nd