Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/01/04 17:23:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] 1.7.0 release process issues (was Re: OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 2 is ready for testing)

I just wanted to put this on the thread.

The process to do a release:

1. [VOTE] thread with subject line indicating release version
2. Leave VOTE thread open for 72 hours
3. If more +1s than -1s and at least 3 PMC +1s, then release.
4. Send [RESULT] [VOTE] thread, then update the mirrors, etc.

Please have a look at the tika release process here as an example:

http://wiki.apache.org/tika/ReleaseProcess

This release was closed way too fast.

Please in the future let’s get our process documented.

Cheers,
Chris

On 1/1/17, 5:20 AM, "Tommaso Teofili" <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

    +1

    Source build ok
    Sigs ok
    License & co ok

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.7.0 release process issues (was Re: OpenNLP 1.7.0 RC 2 is ready for testing)

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-916

Created a Jira task for it. OPENNLP-916: Create a Release Process page

Thank you